Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I put my hand upon your hip, When I dip, You dip, We dip.

I follow a lot of makeup artists on instagram and they all use something to make their eyebrows so thick and luxourious! I wanted that! I need to live the beauty dream.

I usually just use an eyebrow pencil, til someone turned me on to E.L.F  and I use their Studio Eyebrow Kit  because its cheap and easy to use everyday and fairly good quality. While it was okay for everyday, its not really one that I could achieve this beauty dream I was chasing, so after doing some researching I came across the goddess (for eyebrows) known as Anastasia.

Recently I purchased Dipbrow from Anastasia Beverly Hills, (http://www.anastasia.net/ABH-Dipbrow-Pomade.html) recently I have been on an eyebrow kick. As many fellow redheads know, or even if you have another color hair, let me tell you, us gingers get a bad reputation! Not only do we not have souls (haha!) we usually get no wigs or extensions, and we don't really get products that are made for us redheads. I'm talking natural redheads, not dyed, even though we love it when girls join the dark side!



Now this was a little pricey for me, 18 dollars just for this, luckily I had a 30% off coupon, I hate to splurge on something when I don't know how its going to do. The first time I put it on, I seriously looked like Groucho Marx. 
Source

It is the hardest thing to put on, because once it goes on its waterproof, and apparently smudge proof, so you will need a really steady hand. After a quick run to the bathroom with soap and water, and a couple you tube videos later which I highly recommend because its easiest to watch how to put it on then anyone to tell you.
I did it exactly the way it was shown in most of the tutorials, and this is how my brows looked with just one of them done (in case you were wondering, the left side)




 I lined the bottom of the lash starting about right above the pupil, and then lined the top, I then took my brush and lined the bottom part of the beginning, and used the rest of the product on my brush to fill in the front, after using it the first time, I realized that I shouldn't start from the beginning with so much product on my brush because it just comes out to dark for my liking. I then took my little spooly tool and ran it through my brush to get out anything excess, and then I put on some foundation on the tops and bottom to clean it up.


After doing one brow, which took about 5 minutes, because I wanted to take my time, I then decided to put on make up because I just felt I would be able to get a better look at how it will look for me.







I then put on the other eyebrow, which was surprisingly easy even with my eyes done.







Dipbrow definitely has its pros and cons. I like how its waterproof and smudge proof, because I am the kind of girl that will rub her eyes and realize their is makeup on it, after the fact. I like how it fills in my brows, but that can also be a con, because it can bulk up your eyebrows quick and make you look like a cartoon character. I like that it matches my hair color, and the price isn't that bad, especially if you have a coupon, because I barely even used any, so it will last me a very long time. I wish it were easier to use, so if I am running late , it could be a real issue. I think for work I will continue to use my elf products, and use Dipbrow for going out and special occasions. I also like, how the next day, it basically acted like a eyebrow tint, I didnt really have to do my eyebrows the next day because they still looked really good!
This is the next day.

I think if you want thicker eyebrows, or want something more dependable then a pencil this is a very good investment and you should really check it out!



I am not affiliated with Anastasia Beverly Hills. My opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...