Friday, March 7, 2014

True Detective

Source

A couple weeks ago, my fiance and I were sitting home on a Sunday night bored because most of  our normal shows we watch were on their winter hiatus. *by the way, is this a new thing, a winter hiatus? because i don't remember it at all!*

We decided to watch True Detective because it came on before another show on HBO I love, Girls.
Both of us being Matthew McConaughey fans, for different genres of movies, ha, we decided to give it a go, and I am so happy we did.

The plot is back and forth between three time frames, 1995,2001, and present day, and follows two detectives that find a girl murdered and strapped to a tree in the south.

McConaughey plays Rust Cohle, an outspoken pessimistic man and his partner, Marty Hart who is played by Woody Harrelson whos more introverted, team up to solve this case. The show goes through twists and turns, and I promise you, the 4th episode will have you sitting on the edge of your seat. I swear, I get shocked by this show, which never happens to me, I usually can call the killer on less than five mins of an Law and Order SVU episode.

I dont want to give away to many spoilers, because this is one you will probably want to binge watch this entire show!

Be warned there are some, okay maybe a lot of slow spots, but the intense action and shifting story line will totally make up for it once it gets going! I read somewhere they like to slow it down, to let the viewer take in the story line and the visual aspects of the show.

Source

If you are someone who loves law dramas, murder mystery dramas, or just love to see two men talk about their inner most personal thoughts, while arguing about it, this show is for you. Plus you get to see Matthew look like a homeless lunatic while he cuts little people out of beer cans! 

Source

There is a reason why everyone is talking about this show and better yet make these awesome remakes and spoofs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...