Wednesday, March 6, 2013

etiquette

Last week, my college program director for the Paralegal invited me to go to a Business Etiquette luncheon. She only invited two other people from my program, so at first, I almost felt offended. Did I not impress her with my Victoria Secret PINK hoodie and sweatpants that I very much enjoyed sporting to my four hour night class in the winter?
I am not going to lie, i was a little taken back. I decided to go because since she is a program director and keeps stressing to take advantage of the free programs and seminars and classes you can take you better your career. After thinking about it, I decided to go, and it was one of the best decisions of my life. Not only did i get to learn valuable information :

like that you can see what bread plate and water glass is yours by remembering bmw. Bread Meal Water. 

But I also got to network, impress my teacher, and get a free meal! 

If you're debating doing something, I say go for it!

I was never one for stepping outside of my comfort zone, in fact I hate it, I tend to get really nervous and get really bad social anxiety. Try and do something each month that takes you out of your comfort zone! it might be the best thing you will do that month!




I'll leave you with a couple of more tips,
Watch what you put on facebook, EVERYONE checks it, you can use it for personal stuff, but make sure EVERYTHING is friends only because it can cost you a job. Instead use Linkedin.

Also that women that wear nail polish, are viewed as more put together (sorry tomboys and myself). Which I think is kind of unfair. I have O.C.D and instead of dealing with it so much and getting annoyed when one spot is chipped, I'd rather just keep them natural. 

And one last thing, go to these seminars, employers like looking at that one a resume, it makes you stand out. 
Hope Everyone has a good hump day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...